This is a memorial snap shot of the head priest Toyogyougetsu and four young attending monks taken at the main hall of Goshinji Temple at Inasa. The priest is holding a ｡ﾈhossu｡ﾉ in his hand, and the monks are holding musical instruments. This main hall was built around 1602, and was rebuilt around 1810. It was made of wood with roof tiles, multistoried, irimoya style, 36 tsubo (about 119 ｭﾖ), and was built on a stone foundation. The roof has two levels, but only the lower part is visible in the photo. -6264-
Copyright 2008 Nagasaki University Library. All rights reserved.