Yushima shoheiko
GATE OF THE CONFUCIAN TEMPLE, YEDO
[ID] 1023กกกก( ID:1023 )
[Photographer] unknown
[Album]
[Place] Tokyo
[Date] unknown
[Color] mono
[Size] 176x104
[Cabinet] 22-16-0
[Keyword] urban facilities/river
  High-definition Image

The Seido was moved from Shinobuoka to Yushima (Shoheizaka) in 1692 by the will of the 5th Shogun Ietsuna. The Shoheiko was also opened and was made the ultimate school for Confucian studies. It was taken over by the new government in 1868, and was called Shohei Gakko and Daigakko. It was closed in 1872. The Kanda River runs to the fore.