The Osaka Mint° 1°ň
THE REFINERY AND GAS WORKS AT THE IMPERIAL MINT,OSAKA
[ID] 1035°°°°( ID:1035 )
[Photographer] unknown
[Album]
[Place] Osaka
[Date] unknown
[Color] mono
[Size] 193x135
[Cabinet] 23-10-0
[Keyword] modern architecture/modern architecture
  Photographs of the same title
  High-definition Image

This mint was built after the Meiji Restoration as an affiliated organization of the Ministry of Finance with the objective of currency reform. Initially, it was called the "Zoheiryo ". Approximately 500 cherry trees of 77 kinds along the bank of Tenman River made the place famous in Osaka as the "Torinuke (walk-through) of Zoheikyoku".