A teahouse at Oji(2)
U56 OJI, TOKIO(MAPLE)
[ID] 1095  ( ID:1095 )
[Photographer] unknown
[Album]
[Place] Tokyo
[Date] unknown
[Color] color
[Size] 274x213
[Cabinet] 24-47-0
[Keyword] teahouse
  Photographs of the same title

The restaurant Ogiya in Oji, in the early years of the Meiji era. It was opened during the Kansei era (1789-1801), and stands at the shore of Otonashi River (Shakujii River). It is the head of Kanto Inari. It is a famous restaurant for worshippers of the Inari in Oji, which was one of the famous spots in Edo. It is known for its appearance in the rakugo story "Oji no Kitsune" (Fox of Oji).