Yaomatsu Restaurant, Mukojima° 1°ň
I77 TOKYO MUKOJIMA
[ID] 2104°°°°( ID:2104 )
[Photographer] unknown
[Album]
[Place] Tokyo
[Date] unknown
[Color] color
[Size] 262x205
[Cabinet] 47-7-0
[Keyword] river/Japanese junk
  Photographs of the same title

Yaomatsu Restaurant on the right was opened in a refurbished boat shed formerly owned by the Tokugawa family of Mito. The water in front is probably Gennomori River, seen from Makura Bridge. There was a ferry stop at the end of the bridge called Yamanoshuku-no-Watashi (Makurabashi-no-Watashi) for passage to Asakusa on the other side of the river. The five-story pagoda Kan'non-do Hall and the Nio Gate of Sensoji Temple are visible. The Ryounkaku built in 1890 is visible to the left of the pagoda, indicating that the photograph was taken after that year.