Kinkakuji Temple° 7°ň
untitled
[ID] 2134°°°°( ID:2134 )
[Photographer] unknown
[Album]
[Place] Kyoto
[Date] unknown
[Color] color
[Size] 250x190
[Cabinet] 47-37-0
[Keyword] scenic spot/temple/garden
  Photographs of the same title

The Golden Pavilion at Rokuon-ji Temple seen from the western edge of Kyoko Pond, facing northeast. Akamatsu-ishi (rock) is visible in the left foreground and Ashihara Island to the far right. The temple was built in 1398 but destroyed by arson in 1950. Unlike the reconstructed building of today, the original roof was supported by many columns built surrounding each level.