Stone steps to Shirataki Fudoson Temple and a teahouse
untitled
[ID] 2234กกกก( ID:2234 )
[Photographer] Tamamura Kozaburo
[Album] Tamamura Kozaburo (Album)
[Place] Yokohama
[Date] unknown
[Color] color
[Size] 135x91
[Cabinet] 48-87-0
[Keyword] temple/community

The road leading to Shiraito Fudoson at the bottom of Negishi Fudo Slope. The roof of the main hall is visible at the top of the steps. The Shiraito Fudoson was a place of worship for the villagers of Negishi from ancient times. But when the Japanese government enacted legislation separating Buddhism and Shintoism at the time of the Meiji Restoration in 1868, the facility was renamed Shirataki-san Fudoin Temple, and it remains today as a Buddha hall affiliated with Hoshakuji Temple.