Osu Kannon Temple and the five-story pagoda° 2°ň
untitled
[ID] 2268°°°°( ID:2268 )
[Photographer] Tamamura Kozaburo
[Album] Tamamura Kozaburo (Album)
[Place] Nagoya
[Date] unknown
[Color] color
[Size] 133x90
[Cabinet] 48-121-0
[Keyword] historic sites/temple/castle/view
  Photographs of the same title

Honmachi Dori, which connects Nagoya Castle and Atsuta, was the main street in Nagoya during the Edo Period. Osu Kannon is located on the west side of Honmachi Dori. This photograph was taken from south of Osu Kannon. The buildings are (from the left) the main hall, five-story pagoda, and study. The kuri (priests' quarters) is in the background to the right. The theatre is in the right foreground. The Nio Gate is on the far right. Nagoya Castle is visible in the distance to the north between the main hall and the pagoda. A picture postcard using a similar photograph is entitled, "View of Osu Kannon taken on May 12, 1880 and published by Zentokuji Temple." This photograph was probably taken around the same time. It is the same photograph #4145.