Kinkakuji Temple° 9°ň
untitled
[ID] 2441°°°°( ID:2441 )
[Photographer] unknown
[Album]
[Place] Kyoto
[Date] unknown
[Color] mono
[Size] 144x103
[Cabinet] 51-59-4
[Keyword] scenic spot/temple/garden
  Photographs of the same title

The Golden Pavilion seen from the western edge of Kyoko Pond, facing east-northeast. The rock in the left foreground is Kameyama-ishi, and the one in the centre is Akamatsu-ishi. The high roofline of the kuri (priests' quarters) is visible over the pine trees to the right. The temple was built in 1398 but destroyed by arson in 1950. Unlike the reconstructed building of today, the original roof was supported by many columns built around each level. Pine forest surrounds the pond.