The ferries,Mukojima° 2°ň
TOKYO
[ID] 2657°°°°( ID:2657 )
[Photographer] unknown
[Album]
[Place] Tokyo
[Date] unknown
[Color] color
[Size] 137x90
[Cabinet] 53-43-0
[Keyword] river/Japanese junk/carriage/store
  Photographs of the same title

The area in front of Chomeiji Temple was called Kototoi-no-Oka. In 1869, Kototoi-tei opened and its "Kototoi dumplings" became a Mukojima specialty along with the cherry rice cakes of Chomeiji Temple. The shop curtain on the right seems to say "Kototoi dango (dumplings)," indicating that this is Kototoi-tei. Kototoi dumplings are still a local specialty at Mukojima. Taken in the mid-Meiji Period. Same as photograph #2664.