Motomachi and Tanido-bashi Bridge seen from the foreign settlement
CREEK SIDE YOKOHAMA
[ID] 2731กกกก( ID:2731 )
[Photographer] unknown
[Album]
[Place] Yokohama
[Date] unknown
[Color] color
[Size] 135x90
[Cabinet] 55-4-0
[Keyword] temple/community/river/ship

View of Motomachi from No. 109 Settlement. Horikawa Waterway in the foreground was dug in 1860 and served as a border between the foreign settlement and Motomachi. The expansion and embankment works were conducted according to R.H. Brunton's design in 1868. The large roof in the centre is Motomachi Zotokuin Temple.