A hotel by the Doton-bori Canal
(707)
[ID] 2844กกกก( ID:2844 )
[Photographer] unknown
[Album]
[Place] Osaka
[Date] unknown
[Color] color
[Size] 267x202
[Cabinet] 57-10-0
[Keyword] river/inn/private house

Visible on the left edge of the photograph is Ebisu Bridge, which was replaced with an iron bridge in 1878. Soemon-cho is on the right side of the bridge. One of the five pleasure quarters of Osaka, this neighbourhood had many geisha houses, brothels, teahouses, and inns. Taken sometime after 1878.