Ginkakuji Temple° 2°ň
[ID] 3065°°°°( ID:3065 )
[Photographer] F. Beato
[Album] F. Beato
[Place] Kyoto
[Date] unknown
[Color] mono
[Size] 199x162
[Cabinet] 62-24-0
[Keyword] scenic spot/temple/garden/bridge
  Photographs of the same title

The Silver Pavilion at Jionji Temple seen from the western edge of Kikyo Pond, facing west. Also called "Kannon-do," the pavilion was built in 1489 by order of Ashikaga Yoshimasa and restored in 1639. The building is in two-story houkei style with a kokera (thin long plank) roof. The greenery on the left is Sen'nin-shu. Yamanaseki (rock) is visible under the right bush with Bunkai Bridge behind it.