Monju-do,Kurodani Konkai Komyoji Temple
[ID] 3067กกกก( ID:3067 )
[Photographer] F. Beato
[Album] F. Beato
[Place] Kyoto
[Date] unknown
[Color] mono
[Size] 202x168
[Cabinet] 62-26-0
[Keyword] temple/bridge/flowers and trees

The Sanmon (two-story gate) of Kurodani Konkai Komyoji Temple was built in 1860 in the irimoya style (hip and gable roof) with ornate roof tiles. A hanging plaque bears an inscription by Emperor Gokomatsu (1377-1433) saying, "The First Gate of Jodo Shinshu (Pure Land Buddhism)." A stone bridge is visible in the right foreground. Taken by Felix Beato.