The garden of Ginkakuji Temple° 1°ň
[ID] 3092°°°°( ID:3092 )
[Photographer] R. Stillfried
[Album] R. Stillfried?
[Place] Kyoto
[Date] unknown
[Color] mono
[Size] 222x176
[Cabinet] 63-11-0
[Keyword] scenic spot/temple/garden/bridge
  Photographs of the same title

View of the main hall of Jionji Temple (left) and Togu-do (right) from the edge of Kinkyo Pond, from south of the Silver Pavilion facing east north-east. The truncated-cone shaped Kogetsudai, a sand form, in the middle and Ginshadan, on the right, are visible on the far side of Kinkyo Pond. Bunkai Bridge and Geisen Bridge are on the right and left, respectively. Both the main hall and Togu-do were constructed by order of Ashikaga Yoshimasa in 1486, and they were restored in 1615 and 1640.