Bigo Tomotsu° 2°ň
1439 (TOMOTSU(INLAND SEA),BINGO)
[ID] 3221°°°°( ID:3221 )
[Photographer] Uchida,Kuichi
[Album]
[Place] Hiroshima
[Date] unknown
[Color] color
[Size] 263x206
[Cabinet] 66-2-2
[Keyword] scenic spot/harbour/Japanese junk
  Photographs of the same title

This is a view of Taiga Island, east of Tomo Port at Fukuyama, looking from Higashihama. Taigashima Castle was the headquarters of the Southern Court during the Southern and Northern Court Period (1336-92). During the Edo period, Enpukuji Temple was founded and a watch station was built to monitor boats coming in and out of Tomo Port. This photograph captures the boat docks with stairs behind the shop. Due to land reclamation these no longer exist.