A view of the mouth of a river,Osaka
[ID] 3229กกกก( ID:3229 )
[Photographer] Uchida,Kuichi
[Album]
[Place] Osaka
[Date] unknown
[Color] mono
[Size] 265x206
[Cabinet] 66-10-0
[Keyword] harbour/ship/river/telegraph pole

Kawaguchi Wharf. The port of Osaka was opened for foreign trade on July 15, 1868. The wharf was located about four kilometers upstream from the mouth of Anji River and later had a customs office and telegraph office. The ship is a paddle steamer. The Western-style buildings visible in the distance are part of the foreign settlement. Taken around 1888.