The Sorinto and Sanbutsudo, Rinnoji Temple, Nikko° 1°ň
283 RINNOJI SORINTO NIKKO
[ID] 384°°°°( ID:384 )
[Photographer] Ogawa,Kazumasa
[Album] Ogawa,Kazumasa (Album)
[Place] Nikko
[Date] After 14th year of Meiji
[Color] color
[Size] 212x271
[Cabinet] 9-14-0
[Keyword] temple
  Photographs of the same title

The Sorin tower of Rinnoji Temple in Nikko used to stand with the Sanbutsudo in Futarasan Shrine, but due to the order for separation of Buddhism and Shintoism, the Sorin tower was moved in 1875, and the Sanbutsudo in 1881, to Rinnoji Temple. The Sorin tower is a memorial tower built by order of Shogun Iemitsu where many scriptures were stored. The Sanbutsudo is seen in the back of the Sorin tower. The two lanterns in front of the Sorin tower were donated by the thread tally union (itowappu nakama).