The torii,Taiyuin Shrine,Nikko° 1°ň
497 NIKKO
[ID] 4018°°°°( ID:4018 )
[Photographer] R. Stillfried
[Album] R. Stillfried(album 3)
[Place] Nikko
[Date] unknown
[Color] mono
[Size] 242x194
[Cabinet] 78-36-0
[Keyword] shrine/torii/Nikko Toshogu
  Photographs of the same title

This is a view of the stone torii gate and Omote-sando approach to Toshogu Shinto Shrine. The torii was donated by Kuroda Echizennokami Nagamasa in 1618. Nine meters high, it is the largest stone torii gate built during the Edo Period. A waterway, non-existent at present, is visible in the centre.