Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine° 9°ň
[ID] 4151°°°°( ID:4151 )
[Photographer] unknown
[Album] Tamamura (album 2)
[Place] Kamakura
[Date] unknown
[Color] color
[Size] 255x198
[Cabinet] 80-19-0
[Keyword] historic sites/shrine/torii
  Photographs of the same title

The stone lantern in the foreground was donated by the sugar wholesalers of Edo in 1862, and it still stands at present. A wooden torii gate stands in the centre, and behind it are the Kaguraden and the Jogu Romon (upper shrine gate). An illustration in the February 11, 1865 issue of The Illustrated London News and the art of Renjo Shimooka indicate that the Niomon gate at the torii existed until the end of the Edo Period. This photograph may have been taken around the beginning of the Meiji Period.