The five-story pagoda,Toshogu Shrine,Nikko° 9°ň
[ID] 4267°°°°( ID:4267 )
[Photographer] A. Farsari
[Album] A. Farsari (album 2)
[Place] Nikko
[Date] unknown
[Color] color
[Size] 190x240
[Cabinet] 82-35-0
[Keyword] shrine/Shogun/Nikko Toshogu
  Photographs of the same title

The five-story pagoda at Nikko Toshogu was built with donations from Sakai Tadakatsu, the feudal lord of the Obama Domain. Destroyed by fire in 1815, it was reconstructed by Sakai Tadayuki in 1818. It is approximately 36m tall. The first story is decorated with the twelve signs of the Chinese Zodiac. The torii gate and Omote-sando approach are located to the left.