Nokendo(2)
NOW KEN DOW FROM KANA SAWA 111. 百十一
[ID] 4782  ( ID:4782 )
[Photographer] Usui Shuzaburo
[Album] Usui Shuzaburo (album)
[Place] Yokohama
[Date] unknown
[Color] color
[Size] 265x210
[Cabinet] 94-30-0
[Keyword] temple/sea
  Photographs of the same title

Nokendo was known as the best place to view the "eight famous scenes" of Kanagawa, but the scenery was gradually spoiled after the reclamation of Deiki Shinden from the sea, and the focus of popularity shifted to Kyurantei. The Nokendo temple buildings were lost in a fire in 1871, and presently only the stone monument remains.