OMATSU HOUSE, INASA
[ID] 5521
[Photographer] unknown
[Album]
[Place] Nagasaki
[Date] unknown
[Color] color
[Size] 257x202
[Cabinet] 107-5-0
[Keyword] hotel

The restaurant "Volga" was managed by Morooka Matsu and located at Shiga-no-Hatowariishi in Inasa. This restaurant catered to Russians. This is the area of the road in present-day Asahi-machi leading to Asahi-Ohashi bridge. In the Edo Period, the area on the western side of Nagasaki Harbour was the village of Urakamifuchi. The Shiga family served as the village headman for generations. This wharf was built by the family. A Russian officer's club was also located here. Taken around 1887.