A distant view of Nagasaki Harbour from Tateyama
[ID] 5565กกกก( ID:5565 )
[Photographer] unknown
[Album]
[Place] Nagasaki
[Date] unknown
[Color] color
[Size] 139x90
[Cabinet] 108-1-0
[Keyword] harbour/view/ship

This photograph taken from Tateyama depicts the northern part of Nagasaki and the waterfront from Daikoku-machi to Dejima around 1877. A cannon installed by the former Saga Clan is visible on the lower right. The area from Daikoku-machi, Uragoto-machi and Ohato to Dejima is shown. The waterfront was extended around 1887 to make way for the newly constructed Togitsu Road.