The city of Nagasaki seen from Fukusaiji Temple° 2°ň
H14 NAGASAKI
[ID] 5618°°°°( ID:5618 )
[Photographer] unknown
[Album]
[Place] Nagasaki
[Date] unknown
[Color] color
[Size] 258x190
[Cabinet] 109-4-0
[Keyword] harbour/view/ship
  Photographs of the same title

This is a view from the cemetery at Fukusaiji Temple looking over central Nagasaki and the waterfront area from Daikoku-machi to Dejima. The re-routing of Nakashima River had not been completed at this time, so the date is between 1877 and 1887. Also, the construction of the new Urakami Road along the waterfront from Dejima to Goto-machi has not been completed yet. A cannon platform is visible near the edge of the pine tree. The open land in the centre is the site of the former Omura Clan residence.