Shindaiku-machi Street° 1°ň
212 HINDAIKUMACHI
[ID] 5638°°°°( ID:5638 )
[Photographer] unknown
[Album]
[Place] Nagasaki
[Date] unknown
[Color] color
[Size] 258x188
[Cabinet] 109-24-0
[Keyword] street/carriage
  Photographs of the same title

The Shindaiku-machi neighbourhood is seen in the mid-Meiji Period. The streets are wide, and there are many rickshaws. Many carpenters ( "daiku ") came to this area and established this neighbourhood around 1606. Later, the Daiku-machi became too small and was expanded to form a new quarter called "Shindaiku-machi." It was part of the inner section of Nagasaki in 1672. Dekidaiku-machi was also established in 1672. The two Daiku-machi neighbourhoods were separated from Ise-machi 1981.