Daiyu Hoden (main hall), Kofukuji Temple
A171 TEMPLE AT NAGASAKI
[ID] 5661กกกก( ID:5661 )
[Photographer] unknown
[Album]
[Place] Nagasaki
[Date] unknown
[Color] color
[Size] 258x189
[Cabinet] 109-47-0
[Keyword] temple

The Main Hall of Tomeizan Kofukuji Temple (64 Tera-machi, Nagasaki City), known popularly as Nanking Temple. The temple was founded by the Chinese priest Zhenyuan from Fuliang Prefecture, Jiangxi Province. The Dharma Hall, temple gate and sutra repository were built by the second-generation priest Mozi Ruting in 1641. The iriomoya-style building to the far left is the shrine to Maso, the deity of safe voyages, while the building on the right is living quarters.