Opening ceremony of the first Nagasaki Prefectural Office
The Nagasaki Kencho as it was before the typhoon
[ID] 7127กกกก( ID:7127 )
[Photographer] Ueno, Hikoma
[Album] Potter
[Place] Nagasaki
[Date] 1874
[Color] --
[Size] 282x221
[Cabinet] 135-7-0
[Keyword]

This is the original two story western-style wooden Nagasaki Prefecture Office building completed on July 28, 1874. The people in the photo seem to have been there for opening ceremony of the office. The bearded man seated in the middle is MIYAGAWA Fusayuki, the governor of Nagasaki. Unfortunately, on August 20, not even a month after opening, this first prefectural office building was destroyed by a typhoon with winds reaching up to 60 kilometers per hour.