Nagasaki Prefectural Office as it was after the typhoon (1)
The Nagasaki Kencho as it was after the typhoon
[ID] 7128กกกก( ID:7128 )
[Photographer] Ueno, Hikoma
[Album] Potter
[Place] Nagasaki
[Date] 1874
[Color] --
[Size] 279x223
[Cabinet] 135-8-0
[Keyword]

UENO Hikoma shot this photograph of what is left of the first Nagasaki Prefectural Office building just after the typhoon of August 20, 1874. Some people are investigating the damage. This photo is also found in other Hikoma albums. Behind the broken street light, new construction materials, such as columns, stair rails, and rain gutters are visible. The sturdy storehouse on the left and rear seem to have weathered the storm undamaged.