Nagasaki Prefectural Office as it was after the typhoon (2)
[ID] 7130””””( ID:7130 )
[Photographer] Ueno, Hikoma
[Album] Potter
[Place] Nagasaki
[Date] 1874
[Color] --
[Size] 280x225
[Cabinet] 135-10-0
[Keyword]

These are the ruins of the first Nagasaki Prefectural Office building destroyed by the typhoon of August 20, 1874. The partially uprooted old pine tree and the crooked foundation stones exhibit the storm”Ēs violence. The flagpole and the back gate with the iron columns were not damaged. The people in Japanese kimonos and Western clothes looking at the rubble were likely affiliated with the prefectural office. A square object visible on the left may be a well.