Nagasaki Harbour
Nagasaki Harbour
[ID] 7174กกกก( ID:7174 )
[Photographer] Ueno, Hikoma ?
[Album] Potter
[Place] Nagasaki
[Date] Early Meiji
[Color] --
[Size] 282x221
[Cabinet] 135-54-0
[Keyword]

This photo captures the Oura area of Nagasaki city as seen from the summit of Mt. Tateyama. The new Nagasaki Prefecture Office building opened on December 29, 1876, to replace the original building destroyed by a typhoon, is visible on the center left. This photo shows the city in a transitional stage at the beginning of the Meiji era with the Omura Domain residence (present day Nakamachi Church) from the Edo period, a transformed Dejima, the Oura Bund and so on.