Cemetery for foreigners at NAGASAKI kawakamicho
[ID] 765  ( ID:765 )
[Photographer] F. Beato
[Album] F. Beato
[Place] Nagasaki
[Date] 1866
[Color] mono
[Size] 216x165
[Cabinet] 17-5-0
[Keyword] view/grave
  High-definition Image

Written "March 1866" by Beato. This is the Oura International Cemetery in Kawakami-machi built by agreement between the British consul and Japanese officials in 1861. It was closed in 1888. There are still no houses around the cemetery, and many of the cemetery plots are still vacant.