View of Deshima
[ID] M046กกกก( ID:8045 )
[Photographer] Ueno, Hikoma
[Album] van Mansvelt Album
[Place] Nagasaki
[Date] Around 1870
[Color] --
[Size] 278x220
[Cabinet] M-46-0
[Keyword]

This photo was shot from Don-no-Yama. It shows Junin-machi in the left foreground on the hill, Juzenji Village on the hillside, Shinchi on the right, and Dejima in the middle. The relatively large size of the photo indicates that this is the work of a commercial photographer. We can date this photo from the Dejima Shinbashi Bridge, which was built in 1869 but not the Chinese company Guang Long Hao built around 1870 on the old site of the office of seafood export across the bridge. The black western -style building on the right edge of Dejima is Dejima No. 11. It burned down in February 1872.